Friday 19 August 2011

Inspired now............

Well, I am on a roll ....................

No bets for me so far this week as I have been playing around with Spread Sheets instead. Enjoyable it has been too.

I've started a Premiership Database (Last two years currently as anything older than that IMO is just fudging the figures) with some ratings which are a formula of my choice. I'm going to test these over the next couple of weeks to see if they are any good or not before actually placing a bet with them.

All this is attributable to Mark Iverson really, and if you want some Data based on his figures, click the link. While using the same Data provider I would imagine, this is my own work.

My Ratings example:


This is not a Sales Pitch by the way, if the ratings turn out to be any good I'll be retiring and disappear. Just wanted to let you know what I was up to really.

On the subject of Spread Sheets I have also found the site Betfair Data and have run some further analysis of the Betfair Matched Figures for Q1 2012 (Following on from my last post on it).

Results were surprising to say the least. At the moment I have only analysed the Horse Racing markets, but I have them showing a matched figure of circa 3,700,000,000 (I must have fecked it up).

If you want to compare these figures against my last post you'll see this is growth of ~20% over the last Quarter!!

Surely this must be wrong? Or has the Betfair seeding started? Fecked if I know at the moment, but with all the posts on the Betfair Forum about a lack of liquidity lately (And Betdaq's increased liquidity) Something looks very wrong somewhere. I'll be getting to the bottom of it as I am now hooked on this whole story. You'd never guess would you?

Anyhow. It's 17.30 on a Friday night and I am not in the Pub (Due to being at a Fecking Farm all day with the family - How many times can you go on a Tractor or say a Rabbit looks cute?). So tonight is devoted to getting Platinum Star on Poker Stars without losing a fortune in the process..........

Wish me Luck!


3 comments:

  1. Best of luck!

    I'd like to apologise for the Plymouth tip, got that totally wrong :( if it's any consolation, you've lost far less than me :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol I was only jesting.

    What's going on with Arsenal? Even as a Liverpool fan I thought yesterday was sad to see. (Didn't even think we played well to be honest until Suarez and Meireles came on)

    Mr Wenger needs to get that cheque book out and soon...........

    ReplyDelete
  3. A combination of a manager who has lost the plot, a chairman who hasnt a clue, and a catastrophic run of injuries which would wreck any side in the world. Oh, and shit officiating doesnt help either.

    ReplyDelete