Tuesday 5 January 2010

South Africa v England - 3rd Test - Newlands (Day 3)

Well that could have gone a whole lot better...................

I have actually made my position worse today.




Any ideas of England winning this Test (Barring an extremely generous declaration by Smith) now appear to be over.

So now I am reliant on an outstanding rear guard action by England and maybe the prospect of Smith batting for too long tomorrow.

I think Smith won't declare without a lead of 475+ which will leave England needing to bat 4 1/2 sessions to save the game (Maybe 5 if SA really have a go in the morning) - Can England do it? My head says no.

The prospect of SA trading at 3+ is unlikely now, but I need 1.58 to break even. Should I hold out do you think, or should I take the pain now?

I'm going to sleep on it and see if it makes a difference when there is 6 inches of snow on the ground in the morning.

Good Luck. SP.

No comments:

Post a Comment